It’s the 10th day on site and progress is full steam ahead.
The slab foundation is poured and now set. This is the first structural member of the project and it has gone without a hiccup.
The Build Begins
Fast approaching the end of week two now and the first 4 block courses of the retaining wall are in situ and the tanking is well under way ready for the first Building Control site inspection.
Process of the Slab Foundation
Our step by step:
- Dig out a lot of dirt
- 250mm of compacted and levelled hardcore
- 50mm sand to level
- Goetex waterproof membrane
- 150mm Min. poured concrete with mesh reinforcement
- 100mm Kingspan Foiled Insulation (once Structure is weather tight)
- 100mm Min. self levelling screed to finish. (once Structure is weather tight)